Monday, December 2, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things: Blog swaps


I've only done two blog swaps, but this most recent was just as encouraging and reinvigorating as the first, which I did with Julie Kesti. Through Julie, I internet-met Valerie of So It Must Be True. Blog swaps are great in that you have a stranger giving you a fresh eye on your blog from an outsider's perspective (as much as I love my biggest fans -- Mom, Danielle, and Cam-- they're not exactly objective). You can check out Valerie's post on Tales for Scout here, and I loved reading her other posts as well, which I'm sharing today:

- All of Valerie's posts under her 'Books and Literature' category were so thoughtful and interesting. I love that she keeps lists of books she's read and wants to read, and I especially loved this post: The Five Worst Girlfriends in Literature. I'm going to go ahead and add Dominique Francon to that list, in honor of the fact that I finally finished The Fountainhead this weekend, woo!

- I really just loved each and every post under the Literature category, so here's another: Best Literary Love Quotes.

- I skipped almost immediately to the 'Career Happiness' category. This resume post is super helpful, and I laughed about the ridiculous email addresses. Olivia works in HR and has definitely seen some 2hot4u@hotmail.com type of resume shenanigans before....and thrown them out immediately.

Thank you, Valerie, for reminding me of what I love about blogging and for giving me today's motivation to sit down and write.

I'm always interested in blog swaps, so if you read this and have any interest in swapping ideas and advice, email me at meganlierley@gmail.com.

(Photo is of another one of my favorite things, Christmastime in the city. )

No comments:

Post a Comment